TEST AND EXAMINATION PREPARATION
ACADEMIC AND GENERAL ENGLISH
For individuals or small groups Work in Progress tutors offer: 1. English language exam preparation,
2. Improvement of English language skills necessary for successful study at university level.
WIP teaches and tutors students in all stages of language acquisition.
Receptive skills (reading, listening)
Productive skills (speaking, writing)
Vocabulary and grammar (academic writing)
Communication and presentation skills (fluency, accuracy, pronunciation, intonation, accent reduction)
Approach and methods:
Personalized, student centered teaching and learning using the best international evidence-based methods:
- Communicative and collaborative language learning
- Engaging project-based and task-based learning with focus on ability to communicate
- Peer assessment, self assessment and teacher assessment to encourage learning and to develop learning- and life skills.
- Learning diary (learning portfolio)
- Use of digital tools, materials and students’ own devices within limits of possibility.